To all our patients,
Protecting the health and safety of all our patients, staff, and their families, is of the utmost importance to us. To do our part in mitigating the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we will be following the recent national and local recommendations for dental offices to postpone elective dental procedures. However, we will still be open to handle any emergencies and answer questions. If you have an appointment scheduled in the next two weeks, you can anticipate a call from our staff to reschedule.
Should you have an emergency during this time, please don’t hesitate to contact our office. You, our patients, are our top priority and we want to ensure you always have access to the quality care you need!
Please review the CDC website for the latest information regarding COVID-19. Also, remember that your best defense to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19 is to follow good prevention practices, including the following:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or in the sleeve of your own shirt.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth (especially with unwashed hands).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, like your cell phone.
- Avoid close contact with people (especially if they are sick).
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- If you are caring for an ill person, stay home for a two-week period (estimated incubation time).
- If you have traveled recently or have been in close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 and are experiencing the above symptoms, please call your doctor or health care facility and them know of your recent travel and symptoms and seek medical attention right away.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Your doctors at The Smile Lab